Help your students charge full STEAM ahead with Build-A-Mind’s cutting edge in-school programs
With the 21st century well underway, more and more schools are opting to hire specialists in STEAM education to help equip their students for the future
We all know that STEAM education is the way forward and that 21st century thinking skills like problem-solving, and critical and creative thinking, should be at the heart of every teaching program. However, making it all happen is easier said than done.
From integrating the different STEAM disciplines into authentic investigations, to achieving the required syllabus outcomes, to being adequately trained in complex fields such as computer coding and robotics, teachers are facing an uphill battle.
That’s why Build-A-Mind offer a variety of in-school STEAM packages that take care of it all for you!
NOTE: If your school would like to make adjustments to a package, simply contact Build-A-Mind to discuss your needs.
Besides getting to work with friendly, passionate and professional facilitators, Build-A-Mind make the whole process easy!
When you invite Build-A-Mind to your school,
|Your students will:||You will:|
How do the workshops run?
Build-A-Mind are mindful that every school is different, with its own routines, structures and expectations. Hence, with thorough communication prior to the event, our workshops can be very flexible and are able to be adapted to suit the individual needs of the school.
However, a standard workshop takes the following format:
- Inspiring opening presentation on the power of STEAM learning
- Immersive discussion/brainstorm around a particular topic
- Introduction of ‘the challenge’ for the day
- Students break off to work independently or in small groups to solve the challenge with guidance from the facilitator
- Students experiment with a range of technology and materials and use research, trial and error, and feedback to work towards a solution
- At the end of the day, students present their projects to the larger group, explaining their process, justifying decisions they made, highlighting difficulties they faced and celebrating breakthroughs they had
- Certificates awarded to all participants as well as special awards given for commendable actions/ideas
Sound too good to be true? Read what other schools have to say about Build-A-Mind